On a summer day in February 1873, a crew of American and Canadian sailors sailed from New York Harbor to New Orleans to search for a lost ship.
They found the Beausoleil, a French warship that had disappeared a year earlier.
Its captain, Captain John Smith, had died.
Smith’s ship had been sunk by an American warship, but his crew had managed to rescue the Beaux’s crew.
The Beaux was a four-masted ship, but the American sailors, the American admiral, and the American captain were all survivors.
“The Beaux,” as Smith had called his ship, was a six-magnitude-high (19-meter) freighter.
The men of the crew had been trained to sail from New Orleans and return to their base in New York.
When Smith’s Beaux finally set out in 1875, it was to the south of New Orleans, where the U.S. had begun to build a new naval base in the Louisiana bayou.
The crew of the Beau-Antoine, which included Captain John “Buck” Smith, was called the Beaulieu-Bourgeois.
After a brief stop in the Bahamas, the Beausejour left New Orleans in March and headed north toward the French coast.
Its crew had become more adventurous than most of the other crews.
Captain Smith and his crew made the voyage across the Bahamas and back to New York, sailing up the Mississippi River, then up the St. Lawrence River and back down the St Lawrence River.
At some point, the crew decided to try to cross the St Louis River, but were stopped by a group of British vessels.
The British ships were sailing west of the Stony Plain.
The two sides were at war, and Captain Smith thought he would be able to make it to the French port of St. Pierre.
The American crew, however, decided they had enough.
Captain Joseph W. “Doc” Beausolier was in command of the American ship, and they tried to keep him out of harm’s way.
“We had been given a clear shot,” Captain Smith wrote in his journal.
“This was a chance for us to cross a river and try to sail across, to get across the Stoney Plain, and so on.”
They tried to cross, and their plan was to use a small wooden boat to help them get to the Stoymans.
Captain Beausolyer told the British that he was “puzzled by a little thing, a thing we have not seen before, a white light.”
The light appeared to be coming from behind them.
Captain W. H. B. Smith and a friend named Joseph “Jim” Smith took the opportunity to use the light and, with help from the men of his crew, were able to cross.
“Buckingham is a great city, and a big bayou,” Captain Bausoliers journal stated.
“I think it is a good thing that we are able to sail.”
The Beausoles and the Beulieu-Brissaires set sail in 1876 for New Orleans.
Their goal was to find the Beaudes, who were still missing.
In 1876, the British had set up a colony on the Stuyvesant River in Louisiana, but after a year of searching, they had not found any traces of the missing crew.
On June 29, 1877, Captain Smith sent a message to the Beaumonts in New Orleans stating that the Beuxes were in good shape and that he and his men were not going to attempt a crossing of the river.
Captain B. S. Smith had made his own way across the river on the night of June 28, but they were not sure if they had crossed the river yet.
When the Beusoles returned from the Bahamas in July 1877 and were on their way to New London, England, they received word that a British vessel had captured a Beauso.
The message was to send two more Beausos, and this time Captain Smith would try to help his Beauslois cross the river safely.
The next day, the men set sail for New York harbor, and after a three-day journey, they arrived at the New York Navy Yard on July 19, 1878.
The captain of the new Beausoaners had been taken prisoner and had been held prisoner for two years.
He was a man of considerable intelligence, having been an intelligence officer in the British navy.
He had been in the navy for four years.
In fact, he had been serving as a guard at the American Navy Yard in New Jersey, which was a major port for the British Empire.
After being rescued, Captain B., the commander of the British fleet, was given the command of a British warship.
The ship was the Beoir